Galician empanada is one of the most typical dishes of this Spanish region. There are countless recipes for fillings, but this time we propose one of the most popular among children: the loin pie or 'raxo', as it is called in Galician.
Empanadas can be eaten at any time, as they can be eaten hot or cold. They are a good option for excursions, but you can also take it at Carnival, one of the favorite parties for children.
- 20 gr. fresh yeast
- 100 ml. of water
- 500 gr. Of flour
- 800 gr. pork loin
- 100 ml. of wine
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic and 2 onions
- 1 egg
- Sweet paprika and salt
1. First you have to make the dough. To do this, the first thing to do is crumble the fresh yeast with the flour and add warm water little by little, and knead for about 10 minutes.
2. Keep kneading until a homogeneous and manageable dough is formed. Halfway through kneading add a pinch of salt. Continue until it is no longer sticky. Put in a bowl and cover with a cloth while we prepare the sauce.
3. Chop the garlic cloves very finely. Chop the meat and mix it with the garlic, season it with parsley, a little paprika and a pinch of salt.
4. Put a drizzle of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the tenderloin for a few minutes. Chop the onions very finely and chop the peppers, add them to the pan, pour over the wine and let it all cool together for about fifteen minutes.
5. Divide the dough into two equal halves. Roll them out on a floured surface giving it a rectangular or round shape.
6. Pour the filling on one of the plates, which should be at room temperature. Carefully place the other part of the dough, pressing the edges well so that it is closed, and prick the surface with a fork so that it does not inflate.
7. Preheat the oven to 180º. Paint the patty with beaten egg using a brush to make it golden. Bake for about 45 minutes, watching until golden brown. Take out and serve.
Here are more Carnival recipes for children.
You can read more articles similar to Galician loin pie. Grandmother's recipe, in the category of Meats on site.